Next comes the need to fill in the gaps to whatever food you are feeding. (Hang in there pardner, I am getting to the food part!). Here are my go to items:
- For the Fast Oxidizer it is Frick Formula #1. This is good for 90% of dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, birds, and horses, based on my published research. [ Insert how to get to buy it on the site] And if you want to find out where your animal fits, visit the FUR ANALYSIS page and get started!
- Those fast oxidizers generally also need some fatty acids. Visit my Standard Process InSITE page and order either Tuna Omega-3 Chews or the Cod Liver Oil perles.
- Other base options are:
- Platinum Performance Canine
- Platinum Performance Feline
- Platinum Performance Equine
- Standard Process Complete DF for horses
- Standard Process Canine or Feline Whole Body Support
- EndoMet Megapan
- EndoMet StressPak
- These can be ordered via the Direct Dispense section of this site at www.avafrick.com/shop/
- Options to feed – Air dried, dehydrated, freeze dried, raw frozen, canned, baked kibble, extruded kibble, human grade fresh, home-cooked
- Review the label on what you are currently feeding. Can you identify everything there? Is the ingredient list compatible with health? If there are words on that label you don’t understand, look them up so you get the whole picture.
- The best would be home-cooked. Next human grade fresh.
- Shop organic if possible. Many pet foods now have organically grown plants and use animals fed free range, drug and antibiotic free, and organically too. And if you home cook you can select from foods in those aisles.
Raw is a diet primarily of uncooked meat, edible bones, and organs. There are some Prepared or Packaged Raw diets that also include fruit and vegetables. Natural enzymes and beneficial bacteria are found in raw pet foods, undamaged by any heat application.
Freeze-Dried Raw has a freeze drying process that is widely appreciated as the most effective method of food preservation; it imparts the greatest shelf life and the least nutrient damage. The food is not heated; moisture is removed using a very high vacuum, preserving the natural ingredients.
Benefits of Raw and Freeze Dried Raw
- Palatability is great! – pets like it, Yum Yum
- Superior digestibility – leads to improved stools & better overall health
- Shinier coats & healthier skin
- Cleaner teeth & breath
- Improved weight control
- Increased immunity
- High energy levels
HERE’S MY FAVORITE!
BARF stands for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food. They are the pioneers in raw nutrition. Their formulas mimic what nature designed our animals to trhive on in the wild.
USE CODE #1611